Monday, April 30, 2007

Entrelac socks - finished




Here are my completed entrelace socks. It only took me two weeks to finish these, so either I'm getting faster or entrelac is quick. The pattern is from the spring 2007 issue of Interweave Knits, and I used the yarn recommended which is Koigu. I had a lot of fun making these. They were a bit of a challenge for me since they are worked toe-up with a short row heel, which I have never done before. I made them shorter than the pattern because I don't really wear knee socks. Also, I couldn't get the cast on from the magazine to work, so I used the easy toe from More Sensational Knitted Socks. I am wearing these today (even though it's a bit warm for wool socks), and they are very comfortable.

There are a couple things I noticed about these. When I picked up stitches for the entrelac blocks, sometimes I didn't pull the next row of stitches tight enough so I have a little gap in between the rows. Also, when doing the triangles for the heel and the top of the sock, I have little holes wherever there was a M1 Pwise. They're evenly spaced around the sock so it kind of looks like it's supposed to be there. I'm hoping that some of the gaps will even out after the socks get washed.


























3 comments:

Zarzuela said...

They look great! I think we all had the same problem with funky picked up stitches in one way or another. Great job! And I love the colors. :)

Jessica

Trina said...

These are awesome. I keep clicking on the links for your archived sock photos. I have papers to grade and this is no good!!!! You're an amazinly productive knitter of socks. How do you knit them so quickly? Wow.

Virtuous said...

OMG! They look great! I SO want to do these one day!