Monday, April 09, 2007

Pomatomus Socks






















Here are my finished Pomatomus socks. The yarn is from Angoravalley.com (lacewing sock - 100% superwash merino, color: citrus. I really enjoyed knitting these. The pattern is very clearly written and easy to follow. I think I'll be trying some more of Cookie A's patterns in the future. I originally started these on size 1 needles. I knew my gauge was off but I thought it would work because the pattern is written for size 9 feet, and mine are size 6. However, after I finished the ribbing I noticed that they were too tight. I ended up using size 2 needles. I think ideally this yarn would be better at the tighter gauge, but I like the way the socks came out and they feel nice.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I LOVE the colorway you used for those- they're great!

Beverly said...

What cheery socks! They look fabulous. It's a challenging pattern, but you obviously sailed right through it!