Friday, April 08, 2016

Loopy Academy - Fabric - Semester 2 - Project 2 - Table runner using solid fabrics

I started with project 2 this time.  I originally planned to just use a jelly roll, but when I was part of the way through making it, I decided I didn't like it at all.  So, I went searching for a different pattern and ended up buying a pattern on Craftsy called Sidewalks & Squares table runner.   The piecing was very straightforward and easy, but then I spent a lot of time on the quilting part.  Rather than just plain old quilting, I decided to do different designs in the different sections.  I got a ton of practice with my free motion quilting - I even did most of the straight lines with free motion until I got tired at the end and put on the walking foot.  When I look at it closely, I can easily tell which end was done with the walking foot.  I also got very good at burying my knots.  I'm really pretty happy with the way it turned out.  







  

No comments: