Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Loopy Academy - Fabric - Semester 2 - Project 3 - Pincushion

Here's my pincushion.  I used a kit that I bought at Connectingthreads.com.   The cutting and sewing part was kind of tedious, and the pincushion was supposed to have little feet on the bottom made from drawer pulls, but I left those off and just glued the felt onto the bottom instead.  It turned out cute, and I think it's big enough to actually be useful.  


I recently got my "gift" for finishing the 1st year of Loopy Academy Fabrics.  I must say I'm a mildly disappointed.  It's the same bag that I got for Yarn Academy.  I love the Loopy Ewe, but I feel that they didn't really put much thought into the gifts for Loopy Academy.  They probably got a really good deal on these bags (like they probably paid like 2 cents for them).  I don't really do Loopy Academy for the gifts because I knew they wouldn't be fabulous, but still it would be nice to get something worthwhile after spending all kinds of money on fabric and all the time to complete the projects.  Maybe a gift certificate to their store or a discount code or something might be nicer.  Maybe I will write them a nice letter of suggestion.   

No comments: