Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Loopy Academy Fabric - Sophomore Year - Semester 1

I've completed all three projects for this semester.  I had fun making these.

The first challenge was to make one or more box bags.  Since we had to use two yards, I ended up making 6 bags of various sizes.  I started with just a plain one, but then I changed them a bit.  A few of them have hidden zippers and two of them are fully lined (i.e. there are no seams on the inside of the bag.)  One of them is lightly quilted.  I had fun with these, but I'm not sure what I'll do with them all.





The second challenge was to make something wearable with embroidery on it.  
I made an apron, and on the pockets I put some machine embroidery.  One pocket says Let's Cook and the other one says Rachel.  There is also some embroidery on the waistband.


 
 

 






The third challenge was to make a quilt or wall hanging that uses wool.  I made a fall-themed wall hanging which I have been wanting to make for a while.  The white sections are made with wool, while all the other parts are cotton batiks.  In order to make it work, I used fusible interfacing on the back of the wool sections so they wouldn't stretch out of shape when I pieced them into the quilt. 


Now that the semester is done, I need to get back to my machine quilting block party. 

No comments: