Friday, May 24, 2024

Seahorses

I have the pattern for the seahorses quilt. I initally started to do it with paper piecing, but it was really tedious. Then I saw a demo online of quilter's grid interfacing, and I decided to try it. I've made two seahorse blocks with it, and I think I really like it. I made the pink one first, and all of the joins are accurate. I made the orange one next, and for some reason the joins on this one didn't turn out as well. I guess my quarter inch seam wasn't quite right. It still looks good, though, and it is so much easier than piecing each row and then putting the rows together. The two blocks are not exactly the same size, so I'll have to fudge things when I put them together into a quilt. I plan to make a green one, and then an aqua/turqoise one. Then I'm planning to make a big one (double the size), using a variety of colors. I hope I can turn the ideas in my head into an actual quilt ... LOL.

No comments: