Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer top - Twist and Slant



09/04/07
I finally finished this top, and I think I like it. It actually fits me, and the yarn is really soft. If I were to make it again I would definitely make it longer. The pictures aren't the greatest but you get the idea. This was fun to knit, but the construction was

7/12/07
Well, I have been busy knitting, but unfortunately I don't have any finished objects at the moment. I decided to stray from the norm, and I've been working on two projects at once. I kind of like it, except that I think I have to buy another set of knitting notions - stitch markers, needles, scissors, etc. I have two knitting bags, but it always seems to happen that I sit down to knit only to find out that my notions are in the other bag. One project I'm working on is a summer top.



The yarn is Knitpicks shine sport, and the pattern is called Twist and Slant from Heartstrings. I really love this yarn, it is very soft and I like the way it drapes. It is also machine washable which is a big plus for me. After I had knit about 6 inches of this, I took it off the needles and put it on waste yarn to make sure it would fit. At least I know it fits around my body, but it will be interesting to see how it looks when it's all done.

No comments: