Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Shawl Surprice



Here is a picture of the shawl through clue 4. I am actually about one third of the way through clue 8, but I am now stalled due to a fractured wrist.



I am completely addicted to the mystery shawl KAL's. So far, I've completed Mystery Stole 3 and Secret of the Stole. I'm currently working on Mystic Waters, and I've signed up for Spring Shawl Surprice, Secret of the Stole II, and once I figure out how, I plan to sign up for Secret of the Bad Neiheim.

This is my swatch for SSS. The yarn is zephyr wool-silk in magenta, I used US sz 3 needles (3.25mm), and it turned out to be 13x10 cm. I like the way it looks, but I might try it again with size 2 needles because it's a little bigger than I'd like. I have a lot of zephyr in my stash, but this is my first time knitting with it, and now I understand why everyone loves it. It's really pleasant to knit with and I think it will make a gorgeous shawl.

No comments: