Thursday, August 06, 2015

Camp Loopy 2015 - Fabric project #2

The challenge for project #2 was to use 6 different half yard cuts and to include some applique or embroidery.  Here are the fabrics I bought.

 


I originally planned to make a dolphin wall hanging that I found a pattern for on line.  However, it turned out that wouldn't use nearly enough fabric.  So, then I figured I could make beach themed placemats and the dolphins would be one of them.  At the last minute, I changed my mind again and decided to just make one big wall hanging.  This decision came after I had already quilted the four separate items, so I looked up a you tube tutorial for quilt-as-you-go and ended up connecting them all together - this also helped me use up some more of the fabric.  I really enjoyed the method and will probably use it again.





No comments: