Wednesday, August 05, 2015

My New Toy

My New Toy

 My birthday is in June, so I asked my husband to buy me a new sewing machine.  The one I had was a very basic Brother LS-2125.   It was fine for regular sewing but just wasn't really meant for quilting.  My husband knows nothing about sewing machines, so he told me to buy one for myself and consider it as a birthday gift.  I don't really have any dealers nearby, so I decided to order a Brother from Amazon.com.  After going over all the reviews and information, I narrowed it down to either the DZ2400 or the XR9500PRW.  After further looking at more information and also based on the price, I ended up with the XR9500PRW.   It turns out that the price difference wasn't as much as I thought because I had to order a walking foot, quilting foot, and 1/4" foot whereas they came with the DZ2400.  I've had my new machine for a few weeks, and so far I'm very pleased with it.  I haven't tried free motion quilting yet, which is one thing I really want to learn and this machine is supposed to be great for it.  More on that once I start learning it.


 

 

No comments: